Our friendly staff welcome you!
What to expect at the airport
Malta airport is quite small but it is very busy in the summer. Once you have collected your luggage, please proceed to the Arrivals Lounge (turn left as you come out of Customs). Here students can avail of the following services; Bank and money changing services, Car Rental offices and the official Tourist Information Office.
Airport Transfers - Individual Students
Individual students who have booked an Airport Transfer through Alpha School of English will be met by a representative of the school who will be holding a sign with the student’s name and / or the name of the school. Students will then be taken directly to their accommodation.
Airport Transfers - Groups
For group transfers with Host Family accommodation, students will be taken to a meeting point by our school representatives where they will be introduced to their Host Families who will then take them home.
In the unlikely event that students have any problems with their Airport Transfer they are invited to contact the school’s 24 hour emergency contact number +356 79 999 444.
Approximate Journey Times
The journey time to St. Paul’s Bay is 30 to 45 minutes and to Mellieha around 40 minutes.
Students leaving the island on an Airport Transfer booked with the school will be picked up from their accommodation 3 hours before their flight departs.
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 30 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 18 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Italy, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!