Established in 1991, we're perfect for a memorable English language study & holiday experience!
Alpha School of English is a well-established EFL school, licensed by Malta’s Ministries of Education and Tourism and approved by the ELT Council. Established in 1991, our English school has welcomed junior and adult students from all over the world to learn English in Malta for over thirty years.
Our extensive range of English courses are run by an international team of dedicated and highly qualified English teachers who are also native speakers of the English language. The modular nature of our course structure means that you can tailor-make your study experience at Alpha School of English and your stay in Malta to suit your specific requirements.
Our vision and mission statement
Committed to excellence in English language instruction, we strive to exceed our students' expectations.
Our mission is to provide the highest standard of education services in teaching English to non-native speakers, using the most innovative and effective methods and incorporating the best technological tools while providing our students with a holistic experience of the language and of our country through active engagement in activities related to history, culture, cuisine, adventure, and interaction with the local community.
A popular family resort with small classes!
Conveniently located in St Paul’s Bay, a traditional fishing village which is also a popular family resort, the school is also just a short distance away from Malta’s main sandy beaches and places of interest. The relaxed Mediterranean environment in St Paul’s Bay complements the friendly and helpful atmosphere you will find when learning English at Alpha School of English. Our classes are small, so individual attention is guaranteed throughout your course and stay in Malta.
Welcome all year round
Alpha School of English is open all the year round except for public holidays. Almost all courses begin on a Monday and end on a Friday.
It is possible to begin a course on any Monday during the prescribed period. Minimum course length is 1 week and the maximum length is 50 weeks. One lesson takes 45 minutes. Standard Courses are from 9.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. and from 11.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Intensive Courses are from 1.00 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. or 3.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
All our lessons are held at the main Alpha School of English building in St. Paul's Bay or at our Junior Summer Centre in St. Paul’s Bay (located 10 minutes’ walk from main building). However One-to-One courses may be held elsewhere by special arrangement (for example at the student's place of accommodation). Please note that when there is only one student taking a group course, the number of lessons is reduced by a third.
Course Availability: Courses are available all year round except on public holidays and during our two week Christmas shutdown.
We can offer the following courses during our shutdown period:
School legal personality and organigram
The school is operated as a sole trader business and so the legal personality is Patricia Marshall as the owner and head of the school. Below is the organigram for the school to help you identify key staff for your questions and help.
|School owner and Director
Patricia Marshall (Deputy: Mary)
|Director of Studies/Leisure Activities Mary Abela
Tanya Sammut (Deputy:Inna Said)
|Accounts & Reservations Coordinator
Inna Said (Deputy:Antonella Migliaccio)
|Reservations Executive (Remote)
Busra Akbaba (Deputy: Inna Said)
Accommodation & Welfare Officer Antonella Migliaccio (Deputy: Inna Said)
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 30 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 18 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Australia, South Africa, Italy, Ukraine, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!