Non-EU citizens (Third Country Nationals TCN)
If you are taking an English language course and this course exceeds 90 days then you can apply for an employment licence allowing you to take up paid employment in Malta up to 20 hours per week for the duration of your English course.
If you are taking an English language course and you would like to take up unpaid work experience, no special permit is needed provided your work experience tutor provides a learning contract with specific learning objectives.
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 30 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 18 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Australia, South Africa, Italy, Ukraine, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!