If you need to ask something about your course or your Alpha School accommodation or other personal problem, then please speak to our friendly office staff on level 2.
Parents, host families and legal guardians must hand over their unaccompanied minors to a member of staff. Between 08:30 and 12:45 minors will be with a member of staff or in class. Between 12:30 and 12:45 the parents, host families and legal guardians must collect the minor from the school. If your minor is on school activities they will be fully supervised.
During the break you can buy refreshments from our rooftop tuck shop. All junior students are expected to go to the rooftop at 10.30h, adult students may leave the premises but we ask that you arrive back at your classroom on time for the 11.00h start.
Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the school premises, including the roof garden.
FREE school WiFi
There is FREE WiFi available throughout the school premises. Turn on your WiFi on your mobile phone or electronic device, look for the “Alpha School” SSID / connection and login with the password: studentalpha
There are several WiFi transmitters in the school so if your signal is weak, simply turn your WiFi off and on again to reconnect to the strongest signal.
Free WiFi is available in many places around Malta including most Café’s and restaurants, hospitals, public buildings, Bugibba Pjazza, Bugibba bus terminus. Melita Wifi and MCA maintain a list of WiFi spots.
We use WhatsApp to keep students informed about last minute school information. Add +356 79 026 002 as a contact in your phone and send a WhatsApp message with your name requesting to join the group. You can remove yourself from the group after you leave the school.
We offer FREE local SIM cards for your mobile phone. Ask in the office for details of these special student offers.
We have an extensive library of course materials, a dedicated computer for students to use and if you require a quiet place to study, you can use the school roof, or ask us for a suitable available classroom. Please ask us in the office so we can help direct you.
The school building is not fully compliant for disabled access however, we are always attentive to student needs so if you have special requirements please let us know so that we can try to accommodate you if possible.
- Why learn English in Malta?
- Where can I study English in Malta?
- What can I study in Malta?
- How do I apply?
- Living in Malta?
- Working in Malta?
- Why study at Alpha School?
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 30 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 18 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Italy, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!