Extended English Courses – Long Stay & Academic Year
Our Extended English courses are a great opportunity to combine an intensive English course with a once-in-a-lifetime overseas experience. At the end of an Extended Course you will definitely notice a marked improvement in all areas of English including speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Designed for students on a gap year between school and university or work, those who would like to further their studies at a university in an English-speaking country or those who want to develop their English for career purposes, our Extended Courses provide flexibility and excellent value. It is possible to take either 20 or 30 lessons a week and discounted rates are on offer for our General English 20/30 – Long Stay (6-11 weeks) and General English 20/30 – Academic Year (12+ weeks) programmes. Furthermore, if these courses run during the summer then the high season supplement is not applied. Save nearly 50% on a 3 month summer course! Students on intensive Long Stay programmes (30 lessons a week) are also eligible for free upgrades to IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge Examination Courses when available.
Courses start every Monday for a minimum of 6 weeks. Before arriving in Malta students take a placement test and then join a class at their level. Students are permitted to take holidays during an Extended Course but should request this at least one month in advance.
I chose to come to Malta because I wanted to experience a new place. I was able to get an extended visa and come here for 6 months to learn English. I found Alpha School through a tourist agency in Russia. I have experienced many positive things at the school. I found the teachers very professional and they have helped me to progress to the next level. I really enjoyed my interactive lessons. When I arrived at the school I thought that I had a good level of English but I quickly discovered that there was so much more to learn! Thanks to my teachers, I’m now able to speak and write more fluently. This has been such an achievement for me.
I like Malta – especially the historical places like Mosta Dome and Mdina. They are beautiful. The people are extremely friendly and the food is wonderful. Valletta is also a favourite place of mine and I've been there on many occasions."
Allina Merzlikina (6 months) from Russia
Prices & course dates
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Age 16+
- Choose 20 or 30 group lessons (Max. 10 students per class)
- English levels: Elementary (A2), Pre-Intermediate (A2+), Intermediate (B1), Upper-Intermediate (B2), Advanced (C1)
- Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
7 Jan 2019 - 20 Dec 2019
Price per week : €120
Book your course online!
Courses start on a Monday so click the start date and then click to add to cart. If you want to add more weeks, repeat for each extra week!
Search all English courses
Brochures and prices View
Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
- Booked with us before? Tell us and we'll give you an extra 10% discount! (does not apply to evening classes)
- Staying for 4-7 weeks? We'll give you a 10% discount on your junior course!
- Staying for 8+ weeks? We'll give you a 20% discount on your junior course!
- More than one child in our Playschool? We'll give you a 25% discount on the 2nd/3rd child!
- Booking as a family? 20% off all courses per family!
All discounts will be applied on your final invoice.
All courses include...
- Student welcome information pack including maps and important information for your stay in Malta
- Student ID card and Taxes
- Placement test & weekly progress tests
- Final certificate
- Free WiFi access on school premises
- Mobile Sim card (on request)
- 24/7 emergency helpline in Malta
- Ability to purchase exciting additional lessons / excursions & sports!