What better place to learn English than sunny Malta?
With its beautiful climate, crystal-clear seas, friendly and hospitable people, and 6000 years of history and culture, including 160 years of British rule which have made Malta an English-speaking nation.
Behold centuries of history
Situated in the middle of the Mediterranean, just 100km south of Sicily, the Maltese islands have a rich and chequered history. Several important sea-faring powers, from the Phoenicians to the Romans, and the Knights of St. John to the British, ruled Malta at some point in history. They all left their mark on the islands' history and culture. The Neolithic temples, the Roman mosaics, the baroque churches and the magnificent fortifications built by the knights all contribute to make Malta a paradise for lovers of art, architecture and culture.
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 27 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We opened our Gozo Annexe in 2014
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 18 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Australia, Russia, Hungary, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!