Home Tuition English Course
Homestay tuition is a unique experience whereby students live with and take English lessons in their teacher's family home (which can be situated anywhere in Malta). Home Tuition Courses are available on a One-to-One or Two-to-One basis. Additional family members or friends or exchange students are also welcome to book a homestay basis only without English lessons.
An immersion programme in English, the Home Tuition Course is an intensive programme which gives homestay students the opportunity to improve their English level significantly in a short space of time. Students benefit from practising their English with their teacher throughout the day, not just during their English lessons.
Home Tuition Courses run by Alpha School of English are specifically designed to suit each student's needs. All students are asked to complete our online Assessment Test and Needs Analysis form before their arrival in Malta which will enable us to determine their level of English and any special areas which they would like to cover during their stay.
Our Home Tuition One to One Course consists of 20 or 30 private lessons held at your teacher's host family home. The price of the course also includes a Single Room at the teacher's house on full board basis and return airport transfers. Additional Home Tuition One-to-One lessons may also be booked on request.
Students travelling together may also book a Home Tuition Two-to-One Course. This course provides 20 or 30 semi-private lessons held in your teacher's home. The course price also includes double room accommodation, all meals and return airport transfers.
- Complete immersion in the English Language.
- Improving English oral communication through participation in social, cultural and family activities.
- Developing confidence in spoken English by practising skills in real-life situations.
- Increasing your English vocabulary dramatically by living in your teacher's home where the learning continues day and night.
- Developing all the necessary skills in the shortest possible time whatever your English level (Beginner to Proficiency).
- Improving your language skills through personalised One-to-One English lessons which are adapted to the student's pace and interests.
- Home Tuition One-to-One Courses include a Single Room in the teacher's home.
- Home Tuition Two-to-One Courses include a Double Room in the teacher's home.
Prices & course dates
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Age 16+
- English levels: Beginner (A0/A1), Elementary (A2), Pre-Intermediate (A2+), Intermediate (B1), Upper-Intermediate (B2), Advanced (C1), Proficiency (C2)
- Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
Book your course online!
Please contact us to enquire about prices and availability. Thank you.
Search all English courses
Shopping cart View
Open the shopping cart to review the items you have put in.
Brochures and prices View
Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
- Booked with us before? Tell us and we'll give you an extra 10% discount! (does not apply to evening classes)
- Staying for 4-7 weeks? We'll give you a 10% discount on your junior course!
- Staying for 8+ weeks? We'll give you a 20% discount on your junior course!
- Booking as a family? 10% off all courses per family! 15% for returning families!
All discounts will be applied on your final invoice.
All courses include...
- Student welcome information pack including maps and important information for your stay in Malta
- Student ID card and Taxes
- Placement test & weekly progress tests
- Final certificate
- Free WiFi access on school premises
- Mobile Sim card (on request)
- 24/7 emergency helpline in Malta
- Ability to purchase exciting additional lessons / excursions & sports!
- Kids club! (Ages 5 to 8 years) enjoy peace of mind knowing your youngest are well cared for and learning through play and activities.
- Adventure, sports & excursions you can buy to make the most of your holiday in Malta.
- Buy activity packs and save!