Reasonable prices all over Malta!
Malta is a small island and the local buses will take you to almost all places of interest. Bus fares are inexpensive and daily bus passes cost just €1.50 (weekly €6.50). These passes can be bought from the bus driver and entitle you to daily unlimited travel around the island. Direct buses to Valletta, Sliema, Cirkewwa, and the St. Julian's area are plentiful from St. Paul’s Bay.
Soft drinks such as coke and 0.5 litres of water costs around €1.00. A meal in McDonald’s costs around €6.50 and a sandwich in a local café will cost around €1.50. Based on these prices, the school advises that junior students have €100 pocket money per week of their stay.
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 25 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We opened our Gozo Annexe in 2014
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 16 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Poland, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!