IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination course
What is IELTS? IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is currently the fastest growing examination for English studies and one of the most popular Examination qualifications for English students.
IELTS certificates are recognised throughout the world and are particularly useful for students seeking work or entry into universities in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
IELTS assesses all of your English skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking. Your English conversation skills are tested through a face-to-face speaking test which means that you are assessed by having a conversation with a real person.
Conducted by qualified teachers experienced in preparing students for IELTS Examinations, our IELTS Courses are designed to help you improve your overall skills in the English Language but importantly also give you training in examination techniques and skills.
- Available only to students of an Intermediate or higher Level of English
- Lessons held from 09:00 - 10:30, 11:00 - 12:30, 13:00 - 13:45 (5 IELTS lessons) / 13:00 - 14:30 (10 IELTS lessons)
- Examination Fees and Transfers not included in the price of the IELTS Exam Preparation Course
The IELTS Examination is attractive to students and employers for two reasons. Unlike other examination boards which offer examinations at different levels, IELTS consists of just one exam. IELTS scores are calculated on a level of proficiency in English from 1 to 9 and not only indicate students' final overall score but also an individual score for each module of the exam. IELTS Exams are available in two formats; General Training and Academic.
Students who require the IELTS qualification for general purposes such as work or immigration are advised to sit for the General Training Modules while students who intend to apply for degree courses at a university should sit for the Academic Modules. Both variations of the exam are available in four modules which test the four English language skills; Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing. The Speaking and Listening sections of the exam are the same for all students. However, the Writing and Reading exam papers for the General Training and Academic modules vary according to which exam students have applied for.
IELTS Exam Preparation Course Structure
Listening - this section of the IELTS Course focuses on increasing the student's ability to understand spoken English in a variety of social contexts. Using audiovisual equipment, the student is trained to listen for specific and general information when listening to a range of monologues and dialogues. Students will also have plenty of practice completing typical IELTS exam tasks such as filling in forms, completing diagrams, answering questions, completing sentences, etc.
Reading - The use of various texts drawn from past IELTS exams will prove invaluable for the reading part of the test. Students will be exposed to various types of English texts taken from newspapers, magazines, books (fiction and non-fiction) or journals. They will also receive instruction in the optimal ways to complete the various types of questions assigned in the IELTS exam.
Writing - Students will prepare for this section by learning writing skills such as structure, organisation of content and appropriate language. Our IELTS Course will additionally help students practice various styles of writing such as comparing and contrastings, summarising, writing a review or a letter, expressing opinions or presenting the solution to a given problem.
Speaking - this often feared section of the IELTS exam is practised in both an individual and a class context to give students the confidence and experience required in this module. Students will be trained to answer general questions for information, to speak about and develop a specific topic and to converse eloquently about abstract subjects. Progress tests are carried out at regular intervals throughout the IELTS Course to gauge your improvement. By the time you have finished your IELTS course you will have the confidence and knowledge to sit successfully for your exam.
IELTS Exam Preparation Course outline
IELTS students join our group English Courses in the mornings where they are provided with the opportunity to practise their overall English skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
These English lessons are designed to help students improve their general ability in the English language by focusing on elements such as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
IELTS examination calendar
The latest IELTS examination dates are available online here.
I found my intensive One-to-One lessons very helpful and they saved me a lot of time.
I found my intensive One-to-One lessons very helpful and they saved me a lot of time. I learned a lot of vocabulary. I will let you know if I get a good mark in the IELTS exam. I was also very satisfied with my daughter Sonia's Playschool class. . Even though Sonia doesn't know any English, her teacher Hannah managed to communicate with her and in fact Sonia never wanted to leave at the end of the day!"
Maria Teplyakova (Russia), IELTS + Playschool
Prices & course dates
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Age 18+
- 20 group lessons (Max. 10 students per class)
- 5 or 10 One-to-One lessons (1 student per class)
- English levels: Intermediate (B1), Upper-Intermediate (B2), Advanced (C1)
- Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
Book your course online!
Please contact us to enquire about prices and availability. Thank you.
Search all English courses
Shopping cart View
Open the shopping cart to review the items you have put in.
Brochures and prices View
Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
- Booked with us before? Tell us and we'll give you an extra 10% discount! (does not apply to evening classes)
- Staying for 4-7 weeks? We'll give you a 10% discount on your junior course!
- Staying for 8+ weeks? We'll give you a 20% discount on your junior course!
- Booking as a family? 10% off all courses per family! 15% for returning families!
All discounts will be applied on your final invoice.
All courses include...
- Student welcome information pack including maps and important information for your stay in Malta
- Student ID card and Taxes
- Placement test & weekly progress tests
- Final certificate
- Free WiFi access on school premises
- Mobile Sim card (on request)
- 24/7 emergency helpline in Malta
- Ability to purchase exciting additional lessons / excursions & sports!
- Kids club! (Ages 5 to 8 years) enjoy peace of mind knowing your youngest are well cared for and learning through play and activities.
- Adventure, sports & excursions you can buy to make the most of your holiday in Malta.
- Buy activity packs and save!