School opening and public holidays
The 2020 school year is from 06.01.2020 to 18.12.2020 but closed at weekends and the following public holidays when they fall on school days.
|1 January||New Year's Day|
|10 February||Feast of St. Paul's Shipwreck|
|19 March||Feast of St. Joseph|
|31 March||Freedom Day|
|10 April 2020||Good Friday|
|1 May||Workers' Day|
|7 June||Sette Giugno|
|29 June||Feast of St. Peter & St. Paul|
|15 August||Feast of the Assumption - Santa Marija|
|8 September||Feast of Our Lady of Victories|
|21 September||Independence Day|
|8 December||Feast of the Immaculate Conception|
|13 December||Republic Day|
|25 December||Christmas Day|
School Opening Hours
The school is closed on all public holidays in Malta. See list above for details.
During weeks that include a Public Holiday, morning lessons are extended by 30 minutes each day in order to compensate for missed lessons. The morning lesson time-table is therefore as follows:
09.00h – 11.00h
11.30h – 13.00h
During weeks that include a Public Holiday, Intensive lessons are also 30 minutes longer for 3 days of the week. The Intensive lesson time-table is therefore as follows:
13.30h – 15.30h (3 days of the week)
13.30h – 15.00h (4th day)
Course Availability: Courses are available all year round unless otherwise specified except for our annual 2 weeks shutdown at the end of December each year. See our terms and conditions for the actual dates.
Fun Alpha School Facts
- Over 90% of our regular teaching staff are British, American, Australian or South African
- We teach students from over 40 different countries every year
- We've been offering English + Sports courses for 27 years
- We pioneered English courses for Families in Malta and cater for children from the age of 2
- 99% of our students would recommend Alpha School to a friend
- We opened our Gozo Annexe in 2014
- We offer over 20 different sports
- Over 100 different activities
- 18 different types of accommodation
- We have a multi-national office team with full and part-time staff and interns from Malta, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Italy, France & Germany
- Alpha School used to be called the St. Paul's Bay English Language Centre
- We were the first school to open in the north of Malta - way back in 1991
- We offer in-house training for our teaching staff with a teacher trainer from the UK who visits Malta twice a year
- We have a reputation for being the friendliest school in Malta!
- We update our website every single day!