The Junior English Course is designed to offer Junior English students ages 8-12 an exciting and memorable educational learning experience in Malta.
The didactic approach is a communicative one at all times. Particular emphasis is placed on encouraging students to speak in English and activate their passive knowledge of the language. We use a wide variety of English language teaching materials which are specifically designed for young English students. On the first day of their Junior English Course, students start school early in order to take an English Assessment Test. Once the tests have been corrected, the students are placed into English Classes according to their age and level of English. All English students and parents are then invited to join a School Welcome Meeting before lessons begin.
The Junior English Course can be booked alone or as part of a package including activities, accommodation and airport transfers. To see a sample programme of Activities and Excursions, please see our Junior and Teen Vacation Activities Programme.
Discounts offered when 3 or more family members book a course.
Paul & Tobias Klink, Engineer from Germany
The main reason for taking an English course was my 10 year old son Tobias – I wanted him to improve his level of English but then I thought I would also take some classes myself. I didn’t want to go to the UK because of the weather, or to the US because I prefer British English, and Australia was too far away so Malta was the best place for us.
I chose Alpha School because I didn’t want to be in a busy and crowded area like St. Julian’s, I wanted a quiet place, easily accessible by car. I found Alpha School on google and I really liked the website because of the amount and the quality of the information displayed. I used your online chat to get in touch with the school and was fully satisfied with this service.
I appreciate the fact that both my teacher and also my son’s are native English speakers. My teacher is really nice and speaks slowly – I can understand her easily."
Paul & Tobias Klink (Germany), Family English / Business English / Junior English
Prices & course dates
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Age 8-12
- 20 group lessons (Max. 14 students per class)
- Optional 5 or 10 extra One-to-One lessons (1 student per class)
- English levels: Beginner (A0/A1), Elementary (A2), Pre-Intermediate (A2+), Intermediate (B1), Upper-Intermediate (B2)
- Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
29 Mar 2021 - 16 Apr 2021
Price per week : €185
7 Jun 2021 - 27 Aug 2021
Price per week : €225
4 Oct 2021 - 29 Oct 2021
Price per week : €185
Book your course online!
Courses start on a Monday so click the start date and then click to add to cart. If you want to add more weeks, repeat for each extra week!
Search all English courses
Brochures and prices View
Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
- Booked with us before? Tell us and we'll give you an extra 10% discount! (does not apply to evening classes)
- Staying for 4-7 weeks? We'll give you a 10% discount on your junior course!
- Staying for 8+ weeks? We'll give you a 20% discount on your junior course!
- More than one child in our Playschool? We'll give you a 25% discount on the 2nd/3rd child!
- Booking as a family? 15% off all courses per family!
All discounts will be applied on your final invoice.
All courses include...
- Student welcome information pack including maps and important information for your stay in Malta
- Student ID card and Taxes
- Placement test & weekly progress tests
- Final certificate
- Free WiFi access on school premises
- Mobile Sim card (on request)
- 24/7 emergency helpline in Malta
- Ability to purchase exciting additional lessons / excursions & sports!