TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination course
What is TOEFL? - TOEFL or the Test of English as a Foreign Language measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to use and understand North American English as it is used in college and university settings.
English students will find that universities and colleges in the United States and Canada require high scores on the TOEFL test for admission of international students. Most colleges and universities state their required test score in their application materials but generally students should aim for a minimum score of 480 to 570.
TOEFL Exam Courses at Alpha School of English are conducted by highly qualified teachers experienced in training students to achieve success in their examinations. The course is intensive and consists of 6 English lessons per day, covering both General English and exam training. It is designed to provide students with the opportunity to improve their overall skills in English as well as their TOEFL exam techniques.
TOEFL students begin the day by joining students of the same level in a General English Course. In these sessions, students focus on their general English skills and the improvement of speaking, listening, reading and writing in English. Students are therefore able to improve their English vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation - essential skills for a successful TOEFL result!
In the afternoon, students can choose to take either 5 or 10 One-to-One TOEFL preparation lessons per week. These lessons are specifically designed around TOEFL course books, materials and exams to ensure that all the content covered during the course is directly relevant to students' needs. Students are therefore provided with ample opportunity to practise for each module of the exam and to focus on TOEFL exam techniques.
Through the use of the latest teaching methods and techniques as well as repetition and practice, our TOEFL Courses also instill student confidence and motivation - our students are inspired to achieve their highest possible result in the exam.
TOEFL Examination Course Objectives
- Familiarise students with the format of the TOEFL Examination
- Practice and improve the student's confidence in completing the various sections of the test
- Sit for practice TOEFL exams
- Learn and improve exam strategies
- Improve overall English skills; reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Learn how to analyse written texts for specific information
- Develop writing techniques and skills
- Lessons held from 09:00 - 10:30, 11:00 - 12:30, 13:00 - 13:45 (5 TOEFL lessons) / 13:00 - 14:30 (10 TOEFL lessons)
- Examination Fees / Transfers are not included in the price of the TOEFL Course.
|Saturday||11 June 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||25 June 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||23 July 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||6 August 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||3 September 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||17 September 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||8 October 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||12 November 2016||09:00|
|Saturday||3 December 2016||09:00|
- Online registration is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on www.ets.org
- Early registration closes seven days prior to the test date (not including the day of the test)
- Late registration closes three days prior to the test (not including the day of the test)
- Registrations received after the early registration deadline will incur a late fee of US$40
- Reschedule fee: US$60
- Test dates are available as long as there are seats available at the test site. We always recommend booking at least a month or two in advance.
- 3 days prior to the test date, the on-line registration for that date will be closed. This also applies for late registration.
- Prospective candidates are kindly advised to remember their username and password when registering since this will be needed later on to access their results.
- For further information please visit: www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/faq
- Kindly access www.ets.org for online registration. We regret to inform you that we are not authorised to accept any exam registrations. The test fee is approximately $215.
Prices & course dates
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Age 18+
- 20 group lessons (Max. 10 students per class)
- 5 or 10 One-to-One lessons (1 student per class)
- English levels: Intermediate (B1), Upper-Intermediate (B2), Advanced (C1)
- Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
6 Jan 2020 - 7 Jun 2020
Price per person per week from: €325
8 Jun 2020 - 28 Aug 2020
Price per person per week from: €425
29 Aug 2020 - 20 Dec 2020
Price per person per week from: €325
Book your course online!
Search all English courses
Brochures and prices View
Price excludes our €50 registration fee PER BOOKING & €30 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
- Booked with us before? Tell us and we'll give you an extra 10% discount! (does not apply to evening classes)
- Staying for 4-7 weeks? We'll give you a 10% discount on your junior course!
- Staying for 8+ weeks? We'll give you a 20% discount on your junior course!
- More than one child in our Playschool? We'll give you a 25% discount on the 2nd/3rd child!
- Booking as a family? 15% off all courses per family!
All discounts will be applied on your final invoice.
All courses include...
- Student welcome information pack including maps and important information for your stay in Malta
- Student ID card and Taxes
- Placement test & weekly progress tests
- Final certificate
- Free WiFi access on school premises
- Mobile Sim card (on request)
- 24/7 emergency helpline in Malta
- Ability to purchase exciting additional lessons / excursions & sports!