This Adult General English course aims to develop all students’ general English skills and give students plenty of opportunity to practise reading, writing, listening and speaking in English in class.
The Adult General English course covers general English grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and language structure as well as important everyday English expressions and phrases. Our international student culture in classes also ensures that students will continue to practise their English outside the school throughout their stay in Malta.
The course timetable is organised so that the students receive a balance of different types of lessons which include general conversation activities such as debates, discussions and role-play, as well as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation exercises.
I wanted to learn English for both personal and professional reasons. I’m a teacher of Russian and also a professional translator. Most of all I wanted to improve my oral skills. I chose to come to Malta because it’s closer than the UK or US, cheaper and it’s an interesting place to visit. I love Malta although I didn’t have much time to visit different places. My favorite excursions where Mosta and Gozo. I found my English lessons a little bit difficult because my level was in between. But it was a good thing for me because it forced me to make more effort and I can now notice my improvements in the English language. I appreciated all the teachers I had but I have a special comment for Ann-Marie: I think she is a brilliant model of teaching. She was an excellent teacher for me.
I found out about Alpha School on the internet two years ago! I wrote the name in my note-book for the future, and this year, when I decided to take English lessons I remembered Alpha School. It was difficult for me to find the right school because most of the other school’s offers were for teenagers. I couldn’t find some classes for adults until I found Alpha School. I would recommend Alpha School to my colleagues."
Elena Popova (Russia), Teacher and translator (August 2011)
Prices & course dates
- 1 Lesson = 45 minutes
- Age 16+
- Choose 20 or 30 group lessons (Max. 10 students per class)
- English levels: Elementary (A2), Pre-Intermediate (A2+), Intermediate (B1), Upper-Intermediate (B2)
- Price excludes our €30 registration fee PER BOOKING & €40 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
29 May 2017 - 25 Aug 2017
Price per student per week from: €210
28 Aug 2017 - 22 Dec 2017
Price per student per week from: €160
Book your course online!
Courses start on a Monday so click the start date and then click to add to cart. If you want to add more weeks, repeat for each extra week!
Search all English courses
Brochures and prices View
Price excludes our €30 registration fee PER BOOKING & €40 course resources fee PER STUDENT. These extra fees will be added to your final invoice.
- Booked with us before? Tell us and we'll give you an extra 10% discount! (does not apply to evening classes)
- Staying for 4-7 weeks? We'll give you a 10% discount on your junior course!
- Staying for 8+ weeks? We'll give you a 20% discount on your junior course!
- More than one child in our Playschool? We'll give you a 25% discount on the 2nd/3rd child!
- Booking as a family? 20% off all courses per family!
All discounts will be applied on your final invoice.
All courses include...
- Tax, Student Discount Card & Certificate included
- Information pack / student identity card
- Final certificate of achievement
- Free WiFi access
- Ability to purchase exciting additional excursion and sports packs!