Apply to become a teacher at Alpha School
1. Do you have a valid EFL permit?
All EFL teachers in Malta must be in possession of a valid EFL permit. This is issued by the EFL Monitoring Board, Ministry of Education and Employment, Great Siege Road, Floriana. Click here to download the Application Form.
Following are the basic requirements for applying for an EFL permit:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Successful completion of a 60-hour TEFL Induction Course
- A-Level in English (with Grades A-C), or TELT, or CELTA, or Cert. Tesol, or any other comparable qualification validated by the MQC, Malta Qualifications Council: qualificationsdatabase.mqc.gov.mt
- A matriculation / A-Level standard of education (for applicants under 25 years old)
- A clean and recent police conduct certificate (available from the Police Headquarters in Floriana, Malta).
2. Do you have a Maltese ID Card?
For Social Security and Tax reasons, a Maltese Identity Card is vital. This can be obtained from Evans Building, Valletta. You will need an address in Malta to apply for this I.D. Card.
If you have ALL OF THE ABOVE you can click to register as a teacher with us.
3. Have you already sat the Ministry TELT exam?
In the near future all EFL teachers must sit the Ministry TELT exam before they receive a Teaching Permit.